Proposed Memorials

The Completed Projects 2017-2018

1. Steilacoom-3 sites:
Steilacoom Historical Museum Association-Voyage of Discovery
Pioneer Park- Historic Waters
Saltars Point Park- Crossroads of Discovery

2.. Vancouver Notch: Washington State Committee on Geographic Names Approved Proposal on October 23, 2015
On 1 December 2015, The Washington State Department of Natural Resources Board approved Vancouver Notch as an official name. The US Board on Geographic Names denied my Proposal based on new coordinates which put the feature in a Wilderness Area. January 3, 2017, the WA Board rescinded its approval to denial status.


Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gig Harbor Rotary Meeting- Peter Puget Memorial Project

I have anticipated this talk for months now and on Friday 9 Aug at 0700 hrs I was attending my first Rotary Meeting with my Host Dick Vanberg. I have never seen so many happy people this early in the morning before in my life. They were such a friendly group that it seemed to quiet my nerves. I, too, was having as much fun as they were.

Dick and Jean Vanberg with Hira aka Peter Puget

































I had to make me a Peter Puget summer uniform as my fleece uniform would have way too hot. The talk went really well and it was well accepted. We now have many new "friends" to add to our list. Thank you Gig Harbor Rotary.


No comments:

Post a Comment