Proposed Memorials

The Completed Projects 2017-2018

1. Steilacoom-3 sites:
Steilacoom Historical Museum Association-Voyage of Discovery
Pioneer Park- Historic Waters
Saltars Point Park- Crossroads of Discovery

2.. Vancouver Notch: Washington State Committee on Geographic Names Approved Proposal on October 23, 2015
On 1 December 2015, The Washington State Department of Natural Resources Board approved Vancouver Notch as an official name. The US Board on Geographic Names denied my Proposal based on new coordinates which put the feature in a Wilderness Area. January 3, 2017, the WA Board rescinded its approval to denial status.


Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Captain Vancouver Memorials

Speaking of photographs coming my way and honoring Captain Vancouver, my friend Amber lives on Vashon Island, and has also weathered the winter weather to take photos of the plaque on Vashon Island. I was not aware of this monument until she mentioned it to me at a Tacoma Waterfront Meeting.


Inspiration Point
Vashon Island

Browns Point Lighthouse

Placed in the early 1900's near Everett
By the DAR Marcus Whitman Chapter
To honor the landing of Vancouver to take Possession
 of the waters and land for King George III,
June 4, 1792
























































This last one is a mystery for me. No one can tell me the location of this Memorial to Captain Vancouver.
I have tried making contact with the DAR chapter but have not gotten any responses. If anyone knows of this location, please contact me and don't forget to send me a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment